I installed yesterday a fresh Jenkins VM in the PHX datacenter at jenkins.phx.ovirt.org running centos 7.2, few details:
1. It is puppetized, but still needs some verification, I was able to auto-generate the plugins list from jenkins.ovirt.org into the puppet manifest, so it has exactly the same plugins installed. the concept might also work for future migrations we do between the instances.
2. the jenkins data directory is 500gb configured with lvm and xfs. I was able to do "live" storage incrase by adding a new volume to the LVM group in the following procedure:
created new virtio volume in the VM from phx-engine
fdisk /dev/vdd then: n -> p -> 1 -> enter -> enter -> t -> 8e -> w
vgextend jenkins_lvm /dev/vdd1
lvextend /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data -L28G
I was unable to increase the volume size from the engine, and then increase the partition size(only create a new partition on the same volume with the new increased space in the volume), not sure if that is possible.
3. authentication - same as jenkins.ovirt.org for now: self enrol and adding permissions(ping me)
4. there is much more configuration that needs to be done to make it functional, but i guess we can start by testing it
re-installed and configured it without a partition table on the block device. the updated procedure for increasing the volume size:
if there is still available space in the lvm group jenkins_lvm (can be seen using vgdisplay):
1. lvextend /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data -L410G
2. xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data
1. increase volume size in engine-ui
2. pvresize /dev/vdb
3. lvextend /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data -L410G
4. xfs_growfs /dev/mapper/jenkins_lvm-data
the VM is installed and puppetized.